Wednesday, May 28, 2008

He's just not into you, ok.


Yeah, I've read the book. Infact I think quite highly of it. And I must strongly point out (perhaps honesty corner 9) that I am not a fan of Sex & The City. I never really got into that show - even when everyone around me was raving about it. The new movie is sold out at cinemas already? Meh.

So when I heard that they were making a movie based on the book I was confused. I have no idea how this would work well. The book is, afterall, part self help and part advice. Will it be fractured stories of women being treated badly by stupid men? I see it is being produced by Drew Barrymore's production company and has quite a few big name cast members. Does that mean it will translate well onto film? Hell no. And they are billing it as a 'romantic comedy' too. I see big red flashing lights and loud WARNING calls. We'll see how it ends up.

Here's an exerpt from the book.

"Chapter One: he's just not that into you if he's not asking you out
Because if he likes you, trust me, he will ask you out
Many women have said to me, "Greg, men run the world." Wow. That makes us sound pretty capable. So tell me, why would you think we could be incapable of something as simple as picking up the phone and asking you out? You seem to think at times that we're "too shy" or we "just got out of something." Let me remind you: Men find it very satisfying to get what they want. (Particularly after a difficult day of running the world.) If we want you, we will find you. If you don't think you gave him enough time to notice you, take the time it took you to notice him and divide it
by half.
Now you begin the life-changing experience of reading our book. We have put the stories we have heard and questions we've been asked in a simple
question-and-answer format. If you're lucky, you'll read the following questions and know what they are: Excuses that women have made for their unsatisfying situations. If you're not so lucky, we've also included handy titles to clue you in."

More? Ok

No comments: