Monday, December 22, 2008

Making sh!t up.


Nah, its not a post about my life. Its the title of the show Wayne Brady was performing at The Palms, Crown last friday night. Firstly I must complain about the traffic! It took us an hr to drive 500m from the "exit to crown parking" sign to the actual parking entry. What is with that? Too many people wanting to play pokies I suppose. We finally made it inside just as the warm-up act Kitty Flanagan was finishing. She wasnt too bad from what I saw. We had good seats just on the corner of the balcony section with a nice view of the stage. And thank god for that because it was one of the best shows I have ever been to!! I am a huge fan of improv and I've been following Wayne for a few years now (since I first saw him on Whose line is it anyway and loved his musical comedy moments), so it was a thrill to be able to see him in his element live. He really is very talented - not only at the comedy but also as a singer/dancer. He put on a real variety show and proved what value for money really means. It was like we got 3 shows in one. I loved the audience participation particularly and if I had been closer to stage you know I would have put my hand up to be involved.
Well done Wayne and come back soon!!

No comments: