Sunday, July 20, 2008

turn the shower off lecture

Yeah, its winter. And yes, showers are nice. But it has come to my attention that many of you still take long showers. And by long showers I mean a LOT longer than necessary. How can you seriously disregard our need to save water? Water restrictions have been placed for a reason. It's not all scaremongering. I know hot showers are nice in winter. I know you need your conditioner to soak for 10 mins and you need to shave your legs. I dont mean to be overly harsh, truly I dont, but ever thought of turning the tap off whilst you do this?

Its like the people who say: "I know smoking causes cancer, but I dont care."
What you are saying is: "I know that we need to save water, but I dont care."

5 minute showers seem like a long time, believe me. And you can get a lot done in that 5 minutes. I guess that I just thought some changes are easy to make when they are so important, naturally everyone I know would be doing the right thing. I'm not saying that I am perfect (far from it) , but every little effort we can make helps!

Remember, take care of the environment and it will take care of you.

No comments: