Friday, April 3, 2009

in the midst of darkness dont lose the light


"It is true, time heals all things.
But what it cant change is that hard knot of rage
you hold deep, deep within yourself.
If you dont work through it, and open it to the light
now and then it grows - like a cancer- in the dark.
It twists and it turns and it burns away.
I have forgiven many things in my life.
I like to think I am a forgiving person.
But there comes a time when enough is enough,
and that last chance shatters into a million pieces.
I used to let people walk all over me.
Then it happened one too many times and I snapped.
I grew a hardness deep inside.
Part of my innocence and faith in humanity died.
I keep the rest of it in place with string and
rubber bands.
I'm not losing any more.
I see so much beauty in the world.
I know that I'm a contradiction but thats ok.
My life is a work in progress, and I keep
working at it every day."

No comments: