Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Officially xmas?

I used to be like you. I always complained when people spoke about putting their xmas decorations up before it even hit December! Why would people do that? I never understood.


But then something happened... I moved out on my own. I bought my first xmas tree and decorations (and inherited some old ones from home). Then my man suggested that as it is my place I could choose when to put up the tree. It took a few days but it sunk in. I could decorate!!!


And so it was that on Sunday morning we put the tree up together and sat around while the lights went off.
I felt so proud. I still do! I love my xmas tree. It reminds me of the past, the present and the future.
Christmas to me means spending time with the people who are special to you and appreciating them. Oh and good food!! Haha. I think this year is going to be very special!! It will be here before you know it.


And I really cant believe how fast this year has gone. So much has happened and it is incredible to look back and remember it all. I am really glad that things have worked out like they have. I'm interested to see where this road will take me, all I know is that I am really enjoying the ride!
I'm not who I used to be and I am not yet all that I am going to be, but that is part of life. To be able to grow and learn and change is important. Dont hold on to something that isnt right because you are scared of what will happen when you let it go. Always go for your dreams, and dream big!!
If I could go back in time a year and say anything to myself i would say this: "it will all be worth it, dont worry. It will all work out how it is supposed to and you have the strength inside to deal with whatever that may be." What would you tell yourself?

No comments: