Friday, March 21, 2008

A song is a journey

As mentioned earlier, I have a real long term love affair with Fionn Regan's music. Sometimes I'll be feeling a certain way and it can only be described or explained by a song.

I am an open book written in a language few can understand, and this music speaks to me.

This song I have written the lyrics to is the hidden track on Fionn's debut album.
-Campaign Button-
They want you to live in a cave
No channel to broadcast on
A troglodyte A derelict barn
Campaign Button
They want you in the wilderness
No aerial to pick up the signal
A troglodyte A derelict barn
Campaign Button
The filthy rich to the beggars ditch
God damn these genes
Reciever you have been denied human contact
The king eats another mouthful of soil
You need a full stomach to go and drill for oil
They want you lost in your own fear
No compass to find your way out
A troglodyte A derelict barn
Campaign button
The filthy rich to the beggars ditch
God damn these genes
Reciever you have been denied human contact
The king uses a file to sharpen his teeth
And smiles as long as they keep pouring concrete
----
Someone said to me recently that life is precious. I agreed and thought to myself 'I know that fact'. But then she spoke of how no-one knows when their journey will end. How one second is all it takes and thats it, you are gone. She said that when we realise that we have no other option but to make the most of every second. It might be the last thing we say, the last meal we eat, the last song we play. I got goosebumps and I realised that I have been taking it all for granted. It's hard not to. I am learning and growing and it will take time. I realised that I have much to learn and many people to learn from. I think tomorrow will be incredible for me.

No comments: